[GRASS5] Win32 compile with cygnus

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Sun Nov 19 14:18:21 EST 2000

Hi Markus,

your are much too fast for me ;-). I want to first check any changes on
Linux and with the cygnus setup, but re-compiling with cygnus needs
several hours. Now i know what John Huddleston is talking about.

The problem with the pnm.h etc is indeed that the r.in.png and r.out.png
depend on the netpbm library. This is always installed on Linux and most
other Unix. I never tested if this library compiles under Cygwin. I'll
add this dependency to the REQUIREMENTS file.

I personally think that we shouldn't waste time on re-writing
r.in.png/r.out.png to remove the dependency on this library, but look
for a more generic solution for the import of non-georeferenced images.
I'll check in some thoughts of mine in the next days. I think we should
look for a general library that handles the usual image formats (png,
jpeg, etc.).

For the float.h: does this introduce problems on other systems?
maybe a #ifdef __CYGWIN__ would be better.

For g.html2man:
Another solution would be to maintain the man-pages on the server and to
automatically update them there and check them in. I have no idea if
this is possible or better.
Converting the perl script to a sed/shell script is possible, but this
would hurt performance (we had this situation already!).

Does anybody know if there is a tcl/tk X11 wish with the Cygwin port of
X11R6? If not, i see not how tcltkgrass will work in the cygwin port.

cu,

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> thanks for testing GRASS on Cygwin!
>
> Here some comments:
>
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 06:10:16PM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> > Compilation error in module: html (ignored)
> > - perl missing
>
> -> Hi Michel, hi all, is anybody willing to change g.html2man from
>    PERL to shell script? It's the only PERL dependency, as far as I know.
>
> > Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.agnps50 (ignored)
> > - missing $(XDRLIB) in r.cn/Gmakefile
> Fixed.
>
> > - sys/config.h permission denied ???
> ?? Looking at the #include statements, it looking normal.
>
> > Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.in.gdal (ignored)
> > - gbgetsymbol.c:111: redefinition of GBGetSymbol
> Hi Frank W. :-)
>
> > Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.in.png (ignored)
> > - pnm.h not found in pgnfunc.h
> > - libpng only knows png.h and pngconf.h ?
> It seems to require the "netpbm" lib.
> I have it here:
>  /usr/X11R6/include/pnm.h
> It would be good to remove the netpbm dependency (TODO).
>
> > Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.out.png (ignored)
> > - pnm.h, ppm.h missing
> see r.in.png comment
>
> > Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.random (ignored)
> > FLT_MAX, FLT_MIN, DBL_MIN undeclared
> I have added
> #include <float.h>
> into count.c. Please try again.
>
> > Compilation error in module: src/sites/s.windavg (ignored)
> > - missing xdr lib in Gmakefile
> fixed.
>
> > Compilation error in module: src.contrib/CERL/raster/r.linear.regression (ignored)
> > - solve.c:14: multiple definition of solve
> I have renamed solve to solve2 in nlfit.c
> Please try again.
>
> > Compilation error in module: src.contrib/CERL/raster/r.rational.regression (ignored)
> > - nlfit.c: ... multiple definition of solve
> I have renamed solve to solve2 in nlfit.c
> Please try again.
>
> Hope this help a bit
>
>  Markus

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net