[GRASS5] Win32 cygnus compile

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Sun Nov 19 08:57:44 EST 2000

Hi,

i started a compile for Win32 with the cygnus system.
Except the problem described by Mike Thomas it seems to go well. But it
is very slow, so that i can not tell you about the success right now.

I'll summarize how to set up and compile later.

One thing that i encountered:
The g.html2man part needs perl, which is not installed by default on
cygwin and is not tested for in the configure process.

I would vote against making perl a pre-requisite to compile GRASS.

Would it be possible to include the values.h - header generation in the
configure process ?

cu,

Andreas
Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net