[GRASS5] Win32 configure.

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Sun Nov 19 08:48:23 EST 2000

Hi Mike,

i'll check in the XDR part.
Will this suffice? I had the problem that the sunrpc packet is installed
under /usr/local/{include|lib} instead of /usr/{include|lib}.

For the headers: I think that you should leave the headers and libraries
as installed and edit manually the src/CMD/head/head.* file unless this
is implemented correctly with configure.

cu,

Andreas

Mike Thomas wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> One of the problems with building on Windows is that the configure script
> doesn't work well.
>
> Q 1.
> By inspecting configure.in, I notice that a check should be done for rpclib
> in the XDR part as follows:
>
> XDRLIB=
> if test -z "${XDRLIB}"; then
> AC_CHECK_LIB(sun, xdr_int, XDRLIB=-lsun)
> fi
> if test -z "${XDRLIB}"; then
> AC_CHECK_LIB(nsl, xdr_int, XDRLIB=-lnsl)
> fi
> if test -z "${XDRLIB}"; then
> AC_CHECK_LIB(rpclib, xdr_int, XDRLIB=-lrpclib)
> fi
> AC_SUBST(XDRLIB)
>
> As I haven't been able to get autoconf to work on my computer, could someone
> please do this and check it in?
>
> Q 2.
>
> Also, I happen to keep my X headers and libraries in /usr/local/X11r6.4
> which doesn't get picked up by configure.  Maybe what I really need to do is
> move them elsewhere rather than expecting configure to do this.
>
> Is there a recommended location to put them on Windows?
>
> Cheers
>
> Mike Thomas.

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net