[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:1116] compiling postgres modules (fwd)

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Nov 14 08:46:17 EST 2000

Hi Moritz

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000 at 11:27:15AM +0100, mlennert at club.worldonline.be wrote:
> mlennert at club.worldonline.be wrote:
> > I'll try that. Is there any way of finding out if  I checked out a
> > tagged tree? I don't think so, but wouldn't swear on it.

If you go into grass/ and update with
cvs update -dP

you get the latest code.

If you want a tagged version, open a new directory and
check it out:
cvs -z3 co -r "release_grass5beta8_26_july_2000" grass

> > Justin when I type 'cvs update -PdA grass I get:
> >
> > cvs update: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or
> > directory
> > cvs [update aborted]: no repository
> >
> > I don't get this message when I leave out 'grass'. Is this a problem ?
I update *within* grass directory and *without* grass-parameter
(see above). That works well for me.

Regards

 Markus