[GRASS5] Jan's copyright notice ++

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu Nov 9 12:07:03 EST 2000

Hi Justin,

thank you for your patience. I think all questions are answered now.

..
> Ahh, OK I understand now, it is a system for storing information at the
> module level. I don't know how this would work on the file level though.
> For example, in a large module, there could be several authors with each
> author responsible for different files. Thus the module level
> information should include all authors, but the file level information
> should only include the authors for that file.
>
> It seems that the file level information will be different than the
> module level information, but perhaps your system can get the author
> names from the file. I'm not sure, it's just a suggestion.

The information will be partly different, but from my expirience the
header from the main.c file of the module should have the needed info
for the module. Perhaps i can construct something with a script to
extract this info.

> Personally, I don't have any concerns about whether the log messages
> should be included or not. However, since CVS can handle grass (as big
> as it currently is) I don't think the added lines of code will cause any
> problems. But you have a point about the logs being available through
> CVS.

OK. This is maybe a non-issue with constantly falling prices for
harddisks and increasing network bandwidth.

cu,

Andreas

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net