[GRASS5] flex/lex, compatibility

Michel Wurtz mw at teledetection.fr
Fri Nov 3 03:59:01 EST 2000

Andreas Lange a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> can we make flex a requirement for compiling of GRASS5?
> The problem is now that some modules can be compiled with either flex or
> lex, but one module uses an option "%option lex-compat" which is not
> recognized by standard lex.
> Under Linux everything is fine, as flex is always installed, but with
> Solaris and IRIX some machines have a standard, old-fashioned lex
> installed.
> Alternatively we could change the module/lex file, but this would
> require some investigation on the side-effects.

Can't this be done in ./configure ? detecting if there is a flex
command, or a lex command.  On my linux box, lex is just a shell
script that call flex with the option "lex-compat".  I think one
can do that at the Makefile level...

--
Michel WURTZ - DIG - Maison de la télédétection
               500, rue J.F. Breton