[GRASS5] Re: r.water.outlet / r.watershed

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Oct 26 04:52:17 EDT 2000

Hi Huidae, hi all,

I am switching to the developers list for a wider audience...

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 02:56:38AM +0900, GRASS wrote:
> Hi Markus,
[...]
> Basically I want to apply FP code to all raster modules. It may be all end users
> want, i think.   If r.watershed leave untouched, FP map should be converted to
> CELL map and it results in losing accuracy, not only wasting time to convert.
>
> What about you?
>
> In addition, I would suggest some functionality of raster library.
> Now, we should code CELL, FCELL, DCELL maps separately,
> e.g., using   switch(data_type){ case ....}   or  if(data_type)...,
> I think this make CELL-to-FP converting job difficult.
>
> Any smart way to converting?

for all: I have found that r.watershed supports CELL only. It seems
to be a big task to update it to FP due to the code structure.

Does anyone see a chance tp modify the raster library for easier code
management (see Huidae's comment above). Maybe we could define some
wrapper functions which are doing all these "switch" jobs without breaking
existing (and already converted) modules?

Kind regards

 Markus