[GRASS5] testsuite with dejagnu

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Mon Oct 23 17:28:08 EDT 2000

Hi,

i checked in a testsuite with dejagnu into CVS (for details see my
announcement some time ago and the README file in the directory).

I hope to extend the test scripts in the next time.

You can run the tests with 'make check' (Needs a long time to
complete!), but you first must install dejagnu and compile the source.

One problem that i encountered is that some modules are only
interactive, without a commandline version (and even do not echo a usage
info with invalid commandline!). I had no time to investigate each of
the >300 modules, but i think that some standardization is needed.

Another problem is that the make install process repeats the html to man
conversion every time it is invoked, there seems to be no status
information on the build process.

Please tell me any improvements,

Andreas
Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net