[GRASS5] attribute lines

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Oct 19 20:59:51 EDT 2000

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 08:34:31AM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Here's a situation where it's needed. I go out on the river and take water
> samples at different depths. For each depth sample, I measure pH,
> temperature, turbidity and settleable solids. I also have geographic
> references for that site from the GPS receiver.
>
>   Now I can interpolate those values to analyze their spatial distribution.
> I need floating point values for the attributes associated with each cell.

I see, running them through mapcalc or some such where you can analyze
the elevation surface with a cat value of <fpnum>?  Hmm, there should
still be a way to translate (copy) fp attributes to a raster's cats
while using a "dimension" for the cell value.

I still believe an identifier should be an integral value because FP
numbers may be irrational or suffer from rounding errors.  Only integer
values (or unique character strings) can discretely identify xyz thing.

--
/bin/sh ~/.signature:
Command not found