[GRASS5] d.siter/wish invocation

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu Oct 19 14:33:21 EDT 2000

Hi,

Sorry to insist on this, but i think that those systems are broken. With
the link from wish to wish8.x you can accomodate your system to
different versions of wish or to a extended version of wish. You can
even have around two versions of wish and tclsh, which is sometimes the
only solution.

Perhaps others can comment on this, if this complicated setup is really
necessary i think i should write a more general solution (like a central
startwish script). The other solution is a nightmare to support/test
(think of the number of tcl/tk scripts in grass).

cu,

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 05:23:38PM +0200, Andreas Lange wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > tcltkgrass, d.siter and other tcl/tk scripts use a terribly complicated
> > script to find the wish executable.
> >
> > Until know i used the fragment:
> > #!/bin/sh
> > # next line restarts wish \
> > exec wish "$0" "$@"
> >
> > to restart wish. This depends on a symbolic link from the wish8.x
> > executable to wish. I think that something that isn't broken should not
> > be fixed and believe that systems that do not have the correct link are
> > broken. But please correct me if many systems are missing this setup by
> > default.
>
> As far as I know some systems are missing a link from
> wish to wish8.something. Therefore this complex statement.
>
> If I am wrong, we can remove it. At least in tcltkgrass
> the wish8.0 was hardcoded.

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net