[GRASS5] CVS - grass compilation on linux and IRIX

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Fri Oct 13 14:07:45 EDT 2000

Hi Justin, Hi Markus,

thank you very much for the change.
The main reason for this wish was that i had no running grass session
when i had to do a cleanup to test if the changes in the CVS work. But
after recompiling i didn't had a new installation either. Next time i'll
copy the binary tree.
I think that the grass compiling system does not really conform to GNU
standards so that a additional target would not hurt.

The paths on IRIX are as follows from the head file i send attached.
Although the /usr/lib32, /usr/freeware/lib32 etc paths are not standard
outside the IRIX world, they are standard for IRIX and other GNU
software compiles without changes. The location for the tcl/tk libraries
may be different on other machines. I did not check if all modules work.

Next for the modules not compiling (see error.log attached). Some of the
modules do not compile on linux and IRIX. Just to inform you.

cu,

Andreas

Justin Hickey wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 02:51:56PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> > > I will create a new target named savebinclean that will remove all
> > > object files, the libraries, and the files created by configure. Any
> > > objections to this new target?
> > Well, I think more targets are better than less. If we meet the
> > GNU standards as subset with additional targets, everyboday should
> > be happy.
>
> OK I will commit the change now.

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net