[GRASS5] Code Freeze schedule

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Oct 10 17:07:30 EDT 2000

Hi Markus, Hi all,

i am still struggeling with some testing issues for the datum library.
But i hope/plan to check in the library until the weekend.

As only m.datum.shift is currently using the library no general
stability problems are to expect.

How did you compile NVIZ on IRIX? Are the required changes in CVS?

cu,

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the date of code freeze is quite close! I suggest to directly
> start with bug fixes. Then I will put a GRASS 5 tarball onto
> the server after Oct. 15th. This is our release candidate which
> should be tested heavily and, if required changes are implemented,
> will be released as GRASS5.0stable.
> Then we can go for the new development version with re-organization
> etc etc. (as roughly planned in documents/code_freeze.txt)
>
> I will comment the buggy modules this evening in src/CMD/lists/GRASS.
> All modules we can manage to fix (see BUGS file) can certainly be
> uncommented before releasing the stable version. But the stable version
> should be limited to stable modules.
>
> Is that alright with all developers?
>
> Sidenote: The NVIZ core dumps with tcl/tk 8.3 on SGI and on Linux.
> This should be fixed as tcl/tk8.3 is part of many fresh Linux
> distributions nowadays.
>
> Justin, not to bother you: But can we get in the *simple* graphical
> login procedure? Without session manager? This would be a good signal
> for the first stable release...
>
> Thanks for listening
>
>  Markus

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net