[GRASS5] PERL guru wanted for g.html2man

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Oct 2 00:19:48 EDT 2000

Hello all

"Eric G . Miller" wrote:

> Might I humbly suggest using something like SGML/XML rather than HTML.
> There are already free implementations for doing this kind of thing.
>
> DocBook comes to mind since it was designed for software
> documentation. It probably has a lot more than is needed, but lots of
> tools already exist.

Perhaps this is the way to go with the documentation. Looking at the
DocBook site they have tools to generate man and HTML pages as well as
an SGML/XML editing mode for emacs. Having the documentation in a single
source that can be used to generate several different presentation
formats is definitely a plus. But I think we should probably stick with
HTML for 5.0 stable since changing all the documentation to DocBook may
be too big a job. We can schedule it for 5.1 instead.

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th