[GRASS5] new wrapper functions

David D Gray ddgray at armadce.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 27 11:20:23 EDT 2000

Hi all,

I have uploaded a new set of wrapper functions to allow easier access to
linear algebra routines in the BLAS and LAPACK libraries.

At the moment this is only used for the updated s.surf.krig routine,
which has also been uploaded. Some problems came out of that and I will
detail those shortly in a separate posting, but problems do not seem to
be with the wrapper functions. It is just a first step so few functions
are currently available, but they can be added as required.

The new directory structure is:

.libes/
        gmath/        Contains assorted generally callable maths
routines
              la.c    Linear algebra wrapper functions.

and an entry has been added to ..libes/Gmakefile for compilation, and an
entry to make.mid to define GMATHLIB.

Symbols from BLAS and LAPACK themselves are resolved at module level to
prevent compile failure for installations lacking those libs, which
currently are a system dependency.

I would like to hear from anyone that gets a chance to test these

David