[GRASS5] Re: BLAS et al

John Huddleston jhudd at lamar.colostate.edu
Wed Sep 20 18:45:41 EDT 2000

Hi David,

I have Blas compiled and it is available under the Cygwin environment
for Windows NT and 2000 as well as Solaris.  DITTO with LAPACK.

Will my knowledge of Grass and its use in this application, I would
say right off that the best way to use Blas library is to incorporate
it in the src/CMD/head/os_specific/xxx files where xxx refers to
your specific platform.  When you make a new or edit an old
Gmakefile, add the $(BLASLIB) to the library line.   Ditto with
LAPACK.

You compile it locally on your machine.  Put it into your
/usr/local/lib area and if necessary run a ranlib on it.

Give me some specific section in grass and I will help
you if you need some assistance.

John Huddleston