[GRASS5] Thought on my CVS problem

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Sep 20 06:09:07 EDT 2000

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 03:34:09PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
[...]
> So now, to summarize this discussion, it seems we agree to remove the
> generated files from the CVS tree, which include the following
>
> src/include/config.h
> src/raster/r.binfer/gram.c
> src/raster/r.binfer/lex.c
> src/raster/r.combine/cmd/gis_lxcl.c
> src/raster/r.combine/cmd/gis_pars.c
> src/raster/r.combine/cmd/gis_pars.h
> src/raster/r.combine/cmd/gis_pars.out
> src/raster/r.mapcalc/polish/lex.yy.c
> src/raster/r.mapcalc/polish/y.tab.c
> src/raster/r.weight/inter/gis_lxcl.c
> src/raster/r.weight/inter/gis_pars.c
> src/raster/r.weight/inter/gis_pars.h
> src/raster/r.weight/inter/gis_pars.out
> src/scripts/shells/create_fifos.sh
>
> As well as the man/cat*/ directories (adding their creation to
> src/CMD/generic/GISGEN.sh) and man/utilities/man.version since they are
> populated by the man/utilities/Nroff script.

I agree with Justin (and probably others) to remove these files.
And I suggest to remove the entire man/ section and to create
them on the fly from HTML pages using g.html2man script. For me
it is much extra work to keep the MAN and HTML in sync. Why not
using the computer to to this work?
The g.html2man might need some few updates to support all important
HTML tags, but it is rather good. The last 30 man pages I generated
by this script from HTML.

What do you think?

Markus