[GRASS5] Proposal for a new GRASS directory structure

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Tue Sep 12 06:52:40 EDT 2000

Hi all

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Even major source code reorganisation should IMO not done in a beta
> phase of a project.

My vote is that we make grass5beta9 (sometime in the near future if not
now, ie no more features, especially major ones) and then when people
have tested beta 9 make it the stable release. The definition for
releasing a stable version for me is that we get an error free compile
on all supported platforms, and the testing program that Markus started
should pass all platforms as well. We should try to expand the testing
program by defining the core programs that need to be tested as well as
some known bugs if any due to different platforms (the -129 bug). Of
course all known bugs should be fixed if possible. Any bugs not fixed
for any reason gets listed in the BUGS file.

This way we get a stable release out (we've been in beta for too long)
and then we can concentrate on new features.

Just my 2 cents worth.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th