[GRASS5] Error compilng r3.showdspf module

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Sep 8 14:22:41 EDT 2000

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 08:58:11PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 08:29:18PM +0200, cristiano wrote:
> > I have installed my grass5beta 8 on a linux machine with redhat 6.2
> > mesa 3.1 and lesstif 0.91.4 version but I can not compile and install
> > the module r3.showds; latest error that I recieve compiling this
> > module is "undefined reference to:GLwCreateDawingArea" at lines 570
> > and 629 of file new_init_graphics.c.  I think depend on mesa or
> > lesstiff library.  Can someone suggest me which version of lesstiff
> > and mesa needs to use this module. Can I resolve the problem in
> > another way? Can i visualize and print the file generated by g3d
> > modules in another way?  Many thanks in advance.
>

> please download the latest Gmakefile (we just updated):
> http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/grass/src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.showdspf.openGL/Gmakefile
>
> Store it into
> src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/raster/r3.showdspf.openGL/
>
> Then recompile.

I don't think this will be enough.
You will need to rebuild Mesa from source.
(This is also the reason why the FreeGIS CD does not have
r3.showdspf.openGL included, because standard Mesa RPMs do not have
the needed experimental library build in.)

Somebody should extract the code and add it to r3.showdspf.openGL
so it can get compiled seperatly from Mesa with GRASS, if this is
possible.
	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)