[GRASS5] Driver Update

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Apr 30 07:04:27 EDT 2001

Hi Glynn

Glynn Clements wrote:
> Can you tell me roughly what sort of time intervals are involved
> here?
>
> The first call to Do_work(1) should immediately follow
> get_connection_sock(). The next call will occur after the first
> command is read and processed.

Both calls to Do_work(1) seem to occur immediately.

> The client should print the warning after 5 seconds, and the error
> after a further 10 seconds.

Yep, these times are the times I get.

> The fact that Do_work(1) gets called a second time suggests that all
> of the data has been sent. Or, at least, the driver isn't blocking
> trying to send it. I've commited an update to
> src/display/devices/lib/command.c which checks the return value from
> the write() call, in case that's failing for some reason.

Are you sure you committed the change? I updated the file and CVS
reported it as an M update which means the differences are from my local
file. So I looked through the file but did not see any changes for the
write() command. Just curious.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th