[GRASS5] Driver Update

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Apr 30 05:05:52 EDT 2001

Hi Glynn

Glynn Clements wrote:
>   We previously established that get_command() is returning non-zero.
>   If you're not getting the "Premature EOF" message from
>   get_command(), then the first read1(c) in get_command() must be
>   returning non-zero.
>
>   If you're not getting the "Error reading input" message from
>   read1(), then the read() call in read1() must be returning zero,
>   indicating EOF from the client. Can you add a "if (n_read == 0)
>   printf(...)" to read1() just to confirm this beyond doubt?

Yes I believe this is correct, here is the output for your reference
after an update about 6 hours ago.

using default visual which is TrueColor
Visual is read-only or using a private colormap
ncolors: 32768
allocating memory...
About to call prepare_connection_sock
About to call get_connection_sock
Graphics driver [x0] started
About to call Do-work (0)
About to call get_connection_sock
About to call Do-work (1)
About to call Do-work (1)
Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
Check to see if the mouse is still active.
ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
Monitor: read1: n_read = 0
get_command was != 0
About to call close(_wfd)
About to call get_connection_sock
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
About to call Do-work (0)
About to call get_connection_sock
About to call Do-work (1)
About to call Do-work (1)
Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
Check to see if the mouse is still active.
ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
Monitor: read1: n_read = 0
get_command was != 0
About to call close(_wfd)
About to call get_connection_sock
About to call Do-work (0)
About to call get_connection_sock
About to call Do-work (0)

Sorry to be such a pain and not much use to you. I just don't have time
to become familiar with the source code.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center