[GRASS5] Driver Update

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Apr 27 19:15:20 EDT 2001

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > I have tested some modules:
> >
> > > d.display
> >  -> not o.k., needs the R_stabilize()
>
> Any specific cases? d.display is quite a large program, which is why I
> didn't try to fix it there and then.
>
> > > i.class
> >  -> raster is o.k., but the vector lines are not drawn unless you
> >   accept them.
> >   Test usage: use i.group to generate a group and a subgroup of at least
> >   two raster images (could be anything for this). Then start i.class,
> >   enter some file names as queried, then "define region"/"draw region" to
> >   draw vector lines as sample areas. Then drawing, the lines *should*
> >   be seen (the aren't unless you hit the right mouse button to complete).
>
> OK; this seems to be confined to draw_region().

Hmm. The problem which you report seems to be confined to
draw_region(), but I would suspect that extensive testing might reveal
others.

If d.display and/or i.class are going to be made to work, it would be
much simpler to redefine the graphics interface without R_stabilize or
R_flush. Of course, this would make certain types of driver (ones
which *require* some sort of flush operation) totally impractical.

The same applies to any other programs which make half-baked attempts
at implementing a GUI.

I'm not going to look into this any further; I'll add an auto-flush
feature to XDRIVER once we've had a reasonable chance to find any
other (realistically) fixable cases.