[GRASS5] Segmentation fault in s.vol.*

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Apr 27 05:03:26 EDT 2001

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 10:56:26PM -0400, Panoot Suwanwiwattana wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I had used s.vol.idw and s.vol.rst without error 3-4 days ago. but 2 days
> later it show me that
> "Region from getWindow : 1793 3413 30
> "Reading site map (test2 at PERMANENT) Segmentation fault"
> I try to figure it out by using both GRASS5.11 binary installation and
> compile myself GRASS5.april.25, both of them are exit in this error. What
> should be my mistake? setting g.region or g3.region?

You should check your sites list with s.info:
s.info test2

and/or manually through a text editor. It looks like a sites list
problem (forbidden character, unusual structure etc.). For convenient
g3region setting you could also use
 g3.setregion
script.

Regards

 Markus Neteler

PS: Please keep in mind, that G3D contains various bugs like coordinate
    systems wrong etc. Some of them are documented in
    src.contrib/GMSL/g3d/src3d/BUGS