[GRASS5] Driver Update

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Apr 26 13:59:38 EDT 2001

Markus Neteler wrote:

> So we have to watch out now for any module with backing store problems
> (when using the latest Xdriver version). It can be simply fixed like
> d.rast.edit. Another candidate is v.digit, there may be more modules
> needing the R_stabilize() function.

I've done a quick scan of anything that might need changes (i.e. by
looking for libraster.a in the build output).

The following are the ones which couldn't be quickly confirmed to be
OK or fixed.

d.display
i.class
i.colors
i.ortho.photo
i.points
i.points3
i.vpoints
v.area
v.digit
r.weight
r.water.fea	(src.contrib/CERL)
d.fix.ortho	(src.contrib/SCS)

paint/driver/preview
paint/driver/preview2

If anyone is familiar with the usage of these programs, I would
appreciate it if they can check for problems. The nature of the
problem in question is that the display won't be redrawn correctly in
normal use, but will be redrawn if the window is re-exposed (e.g.
after being iconified then deiconified).

The problem can be worked around in the driver (and probably will be
for the release), but I'd rather see the clients fixed first.