[GRASS5] [GRASSLIST:1765] list GRASSLIST: List Message Rejected

grass at anon.tuxers.net grass at anon.tuxers.net
Wed Apr 25 11:04:39 EDT 2001

ÿôÿý
Subject: d.rast problems in latest 5.0 beta snapshots

I think I am doing something wrong with r.in.png and/or d.rast.  I first
try importing an image like a scanned map or an aerial photo using
r.in.png, which appears to work.  I've tried various color depths and
grayscale with similar results.  Then, when I try to display the map using
d.rast, I get a vertical white bar covering about the middle 30% of the
display window.  Looking at colormaps for the map it looks like it is the
right set of colors, they are just not showing up.

Also, if I try to change to float color mode with d.colormode, it says
"Sorry, floating color table not available on this device".  Is this not
yet supported, or do I need to change my monitor window?

I am doing all this on Red Hat Linux 7.0 with updates on an AMD Athlon
CPU.  Everything compiles and installs beautifully, and most other
functions seem fine.

Typical session:
GRASS:/opt/grass5-20010416/bin > r.in.png -v input=/data/lot-north-256.png
output=lot-north3

Type of png image is palette

reading a 552 x 376 image, 8 bits palette, image gamma = 0.45
CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR lot-north3
GRASS:/opt/grass5-20010416/bin > d.erase
GRASS:/opt/grass5-20010416/bin > d.rast lot-north3

[The infamous vertical white rectangle shows up]

Thanks for any suggestions...