[GRASS5] Driver Update

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed Apr 25 04:39:34 EDT 2001

Glynn Clements wrote:

> Justin Hickey wrote:
>
> > > Do you have strace() or similar?
> >
> > Hmmpf. It figures that strace on SGI is different from Linux. The
> > best I can do here is provide you with a system call trace, but I
> > don't know if that will be useful to you. Please let me know if you
> > want it anyway.
>
> Yes; for the XDRIVER process (I'm fairly sure that the client side is
> OK).

Hmmm. To get a trace I need to pass a command line to the trace program.
I think

par d.mon start=x0

will trace the client. How do I trace the XDRIVER?

> > using default visual which is TrueColor
> > Visual is read-only or using a private colormap
> > ncolors: 32768
> > allocating memory...
> > About to call prepare_connection_sock
> > About to call get_connection_sock
> > Graphics driver [x0] started
> > About to call Do-work (0)
> > About to call get_connection_sock
> > About to call Do-work (1)
>
> This implies the connection has been accepted.
>
> > About to call Do-work (1)
>
> This seems to suggest that it has successfully read and processed one
> command.
>
> > // Slight pause here
> > Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
> > Check to see if the mouse is still active.
> > ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
> > About to call close(_wfd)
>
> Uh Oh. Something caused the command loop to terminate; the latest
> version of lib/main.c prints an error message if an abnormal
> termination occurs. It would be useful to know which of the three
> possible cases occurred. The choices are:
>
>             if (setjmp(save))
>
> Indicates that SIGPIPE was caught (write to broken pipe).
>
>             if (get_command(&c) != 0)
>
> Driver got EOF while expecting command; this the "normal" case.
>
>             if (process_command(c))
>
> Driver got EOF while expecting command parameters/data.

I'm using your new code with the fprintf()'s so since nothing was
printed it must be the get_command() function. ... wait ... Just checked
to be sure and yep it's the get_command() function.

I also noted that the "while(1)" loop has no way of exiting if that
means anything ie. the main function never returns. I'm not sure if that
means anything.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th