[GRASS5] Driver Update

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Apr 26 01:06:43 EDT 2001

Justin Hickey wrote:

> > Can you get the latest version of lib/command.c (or apply the
> > attached patch) to narrow it down a bit more.
>
> OK. I updated my sources did a make distclean and recompile and
> unfortunately, neither error message was printed. The output is still
> the same.

Well, that narrows it down a bit more, I guess.

We previously established that get_command() is returning non-zero. If
you're not getting the "Premature EOF" message from get_command(),
then the first read1(c) in get_command() must be returning non-zero.

If you're not getting the "Error reading input" message from read1(),
then the read() call in read1() must be returning zero, indicating EOF
from the client. Can you add a "if (n_read == 0) printf(...)" to
read1() just to confirm this beyond doubt?

If so, it looks like the problem is in the client after all.

Also, could you try swapping in the old version of
src/libes/raster/io.c [1] to see if that works?

[1] cvs update -r devices_cleanup_20000420 src/libes/raster/io.c