[GRASS5] 5.0.0pre1 on mac osx

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Wed Apr 25 17:28:23 EDT 2001

On Wednesday, April 25, 2001, at 09:59 AM, andy agena wrote:

>> To recompile, you will need the headers.  Look for other tcl*.h or
>> tk*.h files.
>> These can be obtained from various sites, but they should match the
>> version of
>> the libraries that you have (i.e. 8.0.3, 8.0.5, etc.).
>
> I did a search a google and found a bunch of dead links and
> www.opensource.apple.com keeps timing out.
>
> Jeshua:  do you mind popping your tcl/tk .h into a tarball and zapping
> them to me?

Andy,

I think you are best off installing the complete tcl/tk libraries then
me tarring the .h files for you.  Not to mention I will not be able to
email them to you for a few days as my machine with all the libraries is
tied up running OS 9.1....

I would give you the URL if I had it handy somewhere.

> What puzzles me about these *.h files is that I had the grass 5beta11
> running before with Jeshua's tcltk tarballs (bin and lib).  Perhaps
> apple had included them with the public beta, but removed them in the
> 1.0 release.

You never had the .h files nor did you need them before.  You did not
compile beta 11 did you?  Again, the .h files are needed to _compile_
they are not needed to _execute_ the binaries.

Regards,