[GRASS5] 5.0.0pre1 on mac osx

andy agena andya at mac.com
Tue Apr 24 20:17:13 EDT 2001

Hi Malcom:

> gmake5 > gmake5.out 2>&1

the lib gmake seems fine:

make: Nothing to be done for `all'

however, the XDRIVER had the following:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
__XErrorFunction
__XIOErrorFunction
__Xdebug

I did a strings on ld, and they weren't in the file (should i add 'of
course'?).

> For tcl/tk, look for tcl.h, tk.h in places like /usr/include or
> /usr/local/include.  Sometimes these are placed in different spots, so
> do a find
> if there are not in the standard spots.  Also look for libraries named
> tcl8.*.a
> or tcl8.*.so and tk8.*.a or tk8.*.so.  wish should be in /bin, /usr/bin
> or
> /usr/local/bin, but it may be called wish8.*.  Note that 8.0 and 8.3
> are commonly
> available now.

  i unwrapped the Jeshua's  OS X tcl/tk tarballs again and there's no
sign of tcl.h nor tk.h being installed.  libtcl8.0.a. libtk8.0.a, tk8.0,
and tcl8.0 (and libtiff.a) are in /usr/local/lib, which I've since added
to my PATH.

my wish8.0 is in /usr/local/bin, which was already  in my PATH.

> GL libraries and includes should be under the X11 path, in something
> like
> /usr/X11R6/lib and /usr/X11R6/include/GL or /usr/X11/lib and
> /usr/X11/include/GL.  Check one of the Mac OS X sites, to see if others
> have this
> available.

I have libGL.a and libGLw.a in /usr/X11R6/lib, plus a bunch of GL* in
/usr/X11R6/include/GL

Thanks,
Andy