[GRASS5] Driver Update

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Apr 24 04:30:48 EDT 2001

Hi again,

just now I could reproduce a strange monitor behaviour (Eric,
I told you about this). About once a month or so the monitor
catches contents from a netscape window (Linux, KDE2).

What I did: The GRASS monitor was open, the i.colors loading pictures.
Meanwhile I was opening this URL in netscape:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/phygeo/Links/geoinstitute.html

When closing this window, the GRASS monitor got part of the
netscape window contents, looking like this:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/users/neteler/tmp/mon/
 -> crazy_monitor.jpg

This happened a few times in the past (since the socket suport is in),
and on a colleagues Linux box as well.

For me it's amazing that such things can happen :-) It doesn't
disappear, even if I move the GRASS monitor around. The monitor is,
of course, still working. Seems to be some backingstore problem.

Regards

 Markus