[GRASS5] Driver Update

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Apr 24 04:13:05 EDT 2001

Hi Glynn,

hi all CELL driver friends,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 12:47:25PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> Hi Glynn
>
> Glynn Clements wrote:
> >
> > Glynn Clements wrote:
> >
> > > I suspect that I may have over-simplified some aspect; I'll
> > > re-examine anything which could change the timing aspects of the
> > >  I/O.
> >
> > Doh. select() was being called with a zero timeout, i.e. a busy-wait.
> > The end result: XDRIVER and the X server end up sharing all of the
> > available CPU time amongst themselves. With the attached patch (about
> > to be commited), the system remains 98% idle.
>
> After updating my sources and after a make distclean and recompile, the
> delay problem is fixed. However, I am still getting the error message
> indicating that there is no response from the graphics monitor. One
> thing to note is that the socket software did work before. Perhaps there
> is something that was missed?

while Justin is heading for success, good news from here: The Xdriver works
properly (again) on Linux, no more CPU time consumption after startup.
Thanks, Glynn!

BTW: It seems that the color problem of CELL driver disappeared due to
the driver simplification. At least I cannot reproduce former problems.
Those knowing of CELL driver color problems, please give the new driver
version a try.

Kudos to Glynn,

 Markus