[GRASS5] Driver Update

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Tue Apr 24 01:47:25 EDT 2001

Hi Glynn

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > I suspect that I may have over-simplified some aspect; I'll
> > re-examine anything which could change the timing aspects of the
> >  I/O.
>
> Doh. select() was being called with a zero timeout, i.e. a busy-wait.
> The end result: XDRIVER and the X server end up sharing all of the
> available CPU time amongst themselves. With the attached patch (about
> to be commited), the system remains 98% idle.

After updating my sources and after a make distclean and recompile, the
delay problem is fixed. However, I am still getting the error message
indicating that there is no response from the graphics monitor. One
thing to note is that the socket software did work before. Perhaps there
is something that was missed?

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th