[GRASS5] Re: G_fatal

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Apr 23 06:24:40 EDT 2001

Hi Markus and Edzer

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 12:05:16PM +0200, Edzer J. Pebesma wrote:
> > Hi Markus,
> >
> > according to the programmers manual, G_fatal is defined as
> >
> > int G_fatal_error(char *);
> >
> > but according to gisdefs.h, it is
> >
> > int G_fatal_error(char *,...);
> >
> > I see that quite some code is relying on the second definition.
> > Should it be changed in the progr. manual, or should everyone
> > adopt the former?
> >
> > Same thing for G_warning().

Change the programmers manual. At some point, somebody wanted these
functions to be able to accept variable arguments, and I see no reason
(logical or software engineering wise) at this time to change them back
to a single string. Besides, changing the manual is less work than
changing several different places in the code.

Just my 2 cents worth.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th