[GRASS5] Driver Update

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Apr 23 01:05:29 EDT 2001

Hi Glynn

I just tried a fresh checkout of the release branch and there are
problems running d.mon on an SGI using SGI compilers.

The monitor window will pop up but I get the following output:

GRASS 5.0.0pre1 > d.mon start=x1
using default visual which is TrueColor
Visual is read-only or using a private colormap
ncolors: 32768
allocating memory...
Graphics driver [x1] started
Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x1>.
Check to see if the mouse is still active.
ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x1>.
Problem selecting x1. Will try once more
Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x1>.
Check to see if the mouse is still active.
ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x1>.

Also, even after the command quits, there are delays in mouse response
until I closed the monitor window using the window manager (click the
close button on the window). I'm not sure what is causing these delays.

I'm sorry but I don't have time to investigate this.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center