[GRASS5] testing GRASS5.0.0pre1

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Apr 20 12:22:52 EDT 2001

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 11:30:28AM -0400, mberglund wrote:
> Ok, the test results are in.
>
> Test 1:
>
> Fri Apr 20 09:37:05 EDT 2001
> r.patch: percent complete:  100%
> CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR testpatch
> Fri Apr 20 09:39:36 EDT 2001
>
> Test 2:
> g.region res=1 -p
> nsres:      1
> ewres:      1
> rows:       20000
> cols:       20000
>
> GRASS:~ > date; r.mapcalc testA="if(row()%2., row(), null())"; date
> Fri Apr 20 09:44:40 EDT 2001
> EXECUTING testA = ...  100%
> CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR testA
> range: 1 19999
> Fri Apr 20 10:04:48 EDT 2001
>
> GRASS:~ > date; r.mapcalc testB="if(row()%2., row(), null())"; date
> Fri Apr 20 10:06:15 EDT 2001
> EXECUTING testB = ...  100%
> CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR testB
> range: 1 19999
> Fri Apr 20 10:29:08 EDT 2001
>
> Fri Apr 20 10:33:34 EDT 2001
> r.patch: percent complete:  100%
> CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR testpatch
> Fri Apr 20 11:05:47 EDT 2001
>
> Well, there you go. I am not sure what this proves. But what I do believe
> is the color issue is hurting me. for the area covered, the times seem
> reasonable.

At least r.patch is working :-)

> Does this mean grass is not well suited to my application (patching lots
> of images over a large area) or does this mean that I am doing something
> wrong with the images?
>
> I am glad r.patch works, now I need to figure out how to achieve my goal.
>
> Any advise or ideas would be useful.

Now let's have some fun with colors:

We have generated these maps as FP. To use r.colors' random function it
must be INT:

r.mapcalc testA2="round(testA)"
r.colors testA2 col=random
cd $LOCATION/colr
cat testA2
wc -l testA2

etc. This should result in a large color table (nice for further debugging).

Markus