[GRASS5] testing GRASS5.0.0pre1

mberglund matt at rcinfo.net
Fri Apr 20 11:30:28 EDT 2001

Ok, the test results are in.

Test 1:

Fri Apr 20 09:37:05 EDT 2001
r.patch: percent complete:  100%
CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR testpatch
Fri Apr 20 09:39:36 EDT 2001

Test 2:
g.region res=1 -p
nsres:      1
ewres:      1
rows:       20000
cols:       20000

GRASS:~ > date; r.mapcalc testA="if(row()%2., row(), null())"; date
Fri Apr 20 09:44:40 EDT 2001
EXECUTING testA = ...  100%
CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR testA
range: 1 19999
Fri Apr 20 10:04:48 EDT 2001

GRASS:~ > date; r.mapcalc testB="if(row()%2., row(), null())"; date
Fri Apr 20 10:06:15 EDT 2001
EXECUTING testB = ...  100%
CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR testB
range: 1 19999
Fri Apr 20 10:29:08 EDT 2001

Fri Apr 20 10:33:34 EDT 2001
r.patch: percent complete:  100%
CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR testpatch
Fri Apr 20 11:05:47 EDT 2001

Well, there you go. I am not sure what this proves. But what I do believe
is the color issue is hurting me. for the area covered, the times seem
reasonable.

Does this mean grass is not well suited to my application (patching lots
of images over a large area) or does this mean that I am doing something
wrong with the images?

I am glad r.patch works, now I need to figure out how to achieve my goal.

Any advise or ideas would be useful.

Thanks again,
Matt