[GRASS5] Volunteer wanted for CELL driver color problem

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu Apr 19 17:38:34 EDT 2001

Hi Glynn,

your plans are great. I once started to look into a major cleanup of the
code, but had no time and no motivation.

The #ifndef __CYGWIN__ directives should be removed.

I don't think anyone is using the IPC version. So it can be safely
removed.

cu,

Andreas

Glynn Clements wrote:
..
> My plan is to:
>
> a) Remove all of the debug code. The (presumably) most heavily used
> version (XDRIVER24/socket.new) seems to live without it. And gdb is
> free.
>
> b) Remove the "#ifdef ORIG" code; three out of four versions seem OK
> without it.
>
> c) Remove the "#ifndef __CYGWIN__" around the FONT and TEXT cases. The
> socket versions seem OK without it.
>
> d) Create {check,get}_connection() for the socket version.
>
> e) Remove the myriad versions of connect.c and just leave the one in
> devices/lib.
>
> f) Define USE_G_FIFO/USE_G_IPC analogous to USE_G_SOCKS. Use these to
> conditionalise code and, ultimately, eliminate README.xdriver.
>
> g) I'm going to leave src/libes/raster/io.c until later.
>
> Any objections?
>
> BTW, is anyone actually using the IPC version? Or, for that matter, is
> anything other than the socket version getting tested regularly?
>
> --
> Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net