[GRASS5] r.patch...yeoww...

mberglund mberglund at rcinfo.net
Thu Apr 19 16:30:03 EDT 2001

This is what I got:

GRASS:~ > g.region -p; date ; r.patch in=4117se1,marion out=patch; date
projection: 99 (State Plane)
zone:       0
datum:      ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
ellipsoid:  ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
north:      1717919
south:      1715772
west:       635413
east:       637912
nsres:      1
ewres:      1
rows:       2147
cols:       2499
Thu Apr 19 14:24:21 EDT 2001
r.patch: percent complete:  100%
CREATING SUPPORT FILES FOR patch
<my debug statements here>
Thu Apr 19 16:17:02 EDT 2001A

Almost two hours?????? Can there be _that_ much difference between
machines?
I have figured out where the time delay is, categories. It takes
a substantial amount of time to write (sort) the categories and no
time (relatively speaking) to write out the colors.

I now assume that there is something wrong with my data.
Why would my raster images have so many more categories than Markus'?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

This weekend I will build the linux binarys. Everything seems to work.

Thanks,
Matt