[GRASS5] Volunteer wanted for CELL driver color problem

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Wed Apr 18 19:19:18 EDT 2001

Malcolm Blue wrote:

> Bob,
>
> It sounds like your CELL driver is the FIFO version, while d.mon is is the
> sockets version.
>
> Did you compile this yourself?  If so check the source code for SWITCHER.c in
> display/devices/lib vs display/devices/lib/sockets.new and
> display/devices/lib/fifo.orig (could also check ipc.new).  You could also check
> in XDRIVER/XDRIVER24.  I just checked the file sizes to verify that socket.new is
> different size from fifo.orig version.  If your monitor works, and the monitor is
> using the socket version - which seems likely since that's what d.mon is using,
> then you should recompile the devices/lib directory and the CELL driver (at
> least).  libes/raster/io.c may be worth checking as well.
>
> Depending on what is out of sync you may need to recompile other routines as
> well.
>
> HTH,
>
> Malcolm

Malcolm,

I think yoyu are right about the CELL driver  trying to work as a FIFO
device. There seems to be couple of different versions of the DRIVERLIB
in the source tree. I notice that the CELL driver is built with the
driver lib in devices/lib while the XDRIVER is built with the same
library (in name) found in devices/XDRIVER/lib. Why are there two
versions of the same library?

I do not have a fifo.orig or sockets.new in device/lib, they are
however, in device/XDRIVER/lib and in device/XDRIVER/lXDRIVER24. The two
directories under device/XDRIVER/lib contain connect.c both of which are
different to the connect.c in device/lib. The two directories under
device/XDRIVER/lXDRIVER24 contain another SWITCHER.c both of which are
different to the SWITCHER.c in device/lib.

I assume that the code in device/lib is the older, possibly out of date
code, as the XDRIVER is built with the library in device/XDRIVER/lib.
The XDRIVER (with-socket) works fine on both systems (Solaris & Linux).

Any thoughts on what code is wrong and what is right would be
appreciated.
--
Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting