[GRASS5] Volunteer wanted for CELL driver color problem

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Wed Apr 18 19:32:52 EDT 2001

Bob Covill wrote:

> Malcolm Blue wrote:
> >
> > Bob,
> >
> > It sounds like your CELL driver is the FIFO version, while d.mon is is the
> > sockets version.
> >
> > Did you compile this yourself?  If so check the source code for SWITCHER.c in
> > display/devices/lib vs display/devices/lib/sockets.new and
> > display/devices/lib/fifo.orig (could also check ipc.new).  You could also check
> > in XDRIVER/XDRIVER24.  I just checked the file sizes to verify that socket.new is
> > different size from fifo.orig version.  If your monitor works, and the monitor is
> > using the socket version - which seems likely since that's what d.mon is using,
> > then you should recompile the devices/lib directory and the CELL driver (at
> > least).  libes/raster/io.c may be worth checking as well.
> >
> > Depending on what is out of sync you may need to recompile other routines as
> > well.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Malcolm

Malcolm,

Success.

I have tracked down the missing files and built a working version of the
CELL driver. The culprit was the SWITCHER.c in the devices/lib direcory.
I found the correct sockets version and successfully built a working
version of the CELL driver.

Thanks for the help in pointing me in the right direction.
--
Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting
P.O. Box 2016 Fall River, N.S.