[GRASS5] Volunteer wanted for CELL driver color problem

Malcolm Blue mblue at nb.sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 18 16:30:08 EDT 2001

Bob,

It sounds like your CELL driver is the FIFO version, while d.mon is is the
sockets version.

Did you compile this yourself?  If so check the source code for SWITCHER.c in
display/devices/lib vs display/devices/lib/sockets.new and
display/devices/lib/fifo.orig (could also check ipc.new).  You could also check
in XDRIVER/XDRIVER24.  I just checked the file sizes to verify that socket.new is
different size from fifo.orig version.  If your monitor works, and the monitor is
using the socket version - which seems likely since that's what d.mon is using,
then you should recompile the devices/lib directory and the CELL driver (at
least).  libes/raster/io.c may be worth checking as well.

Depending on what is out of sync you may need to recompile other routines as
well.

HTH,

Malcolm