[GRASS5] Volunteer wanted for CELL driver color problem

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Wed Apr 18 16:05:26 EDT 2001

Markus, all,

i watched this strange behaviour with my last cygwin/Windows build of
the pre-stable code. IMHO it is not the "start" parameter, but d.mon
start=CELL works once, but no longer after the CELL driver is stopped
with d.mon stop=CELL.
I can restart the CELL driver only if i remove the
$LOCATION/.tmp/$hostname/CELL socket file. I think for some reason the
file/socket is not removed.
But the problem Bob describes is something different.

Sorry, no idea whats wrong,

cu,

Andreas

Markus Neteler wrote:

> This is strange:
>
> GRASS:~ > d.mon CELL
> Graphics driver [CELL] started
> Wait for 'READY'
> READY
> GRASS:~ > d.mon stop=CELL
> Monitor 'CELL' terminated
>
> GRASS:~ > d.mon start=CELL
> Can't bind to socket for monitor <CELL>. Already in use?
> Socket is already in use or not accepting connections.
> Use d.mon to select a monitor
> Problem selecting CELL. Will try once more
> Socket is already in use or not accepting connections.
> Use d.mon to select a monitor
>
> Obviously the start= parameter confuses d.mon. Without it works.
> Maybe again the timing story?
>
>  Markus

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net