[GRASS5] v.in.arc: import files

David D Gray ddgray at armadce.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 14:28:03 EDT 2001

Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > the v.in.arc is the exception from above rule: It does *not* read from
> > the current working directory but only from $LOCATION/arc/ (like the
> > v.in.dxf, too). All other import modules read from current working
> > directory. Therefore I propose a change in v.in.arc/v.out.arc |
> > v.in.dxf/v.out.dxf to reach the wanted consistency.
>
> Markus,
>
>   Well-l-l, ... m.in.e00, v.in.mif, and v.in.shape all require the
> fully-qualified path name to work. Just the current directory won't do.
> That's why I thought the issue was more general.
>
> Rich

Rich, Markus

Some changes to v.in.mif now mean it should open a file given any valid
unix path name.

ie. Supply for input a full path, relative path or just a file name of
*.mif, *.mid or just the base name *.

Default output is the base name of the file, if `output' is supplied it
over-rides this. So output would always be an optional parameter.

Can I suggest this as appropriate default behaviour for any external
file import?

David