[GRASS5] v.in.arc: import files

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 17 14:57:54 EDT 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, David D Gray wrote:

> Some changes to v.in.mif now mean it should open a file given any valid
> unix path name.
>
> ie. Supply for input a full path, relative path or just a file name of
> *.mif, *.mid or just the base name *.
>
> Default output is the base name of the file, if `output' is supplied it
> over-rides this. So output would always be an optional parameter.
>
> Can I suggest this as appropriate default behaviour for any external
> file import?

  Works for me.

  My comments were prompted by my efforts to run the import modules using
only the source file name. I kept getting a "file not found" error unless I
specified the absolute path name. Shrug. Perhaps it's the drought out here.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com