[GRASS5] GRASS Monitor

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Tue Apr 17 13:43:22 EDT 2001

Hello,

This is probably a question for Eric.

I have a recent version of GRASS on Linux (RedHat 6.1). The system is
300 MHz with 200 MB RAM. Everything works fine on this system.

I then moved the GRASS build to a faster machine (PIII with 500 MB RAM)
also running RedHat Linux. Again, everything worked fine with the
exception of the monitor. The monitor (sockets) would start but complain
that the socket was unavailable or in use by another program.

I discovered the source of the problem was that d.mon was trying to
select the monitor before it had completely started. I was able to work
around the problem by executing "d.mon -s start=x0" followed by "d.mon
select=x0".

Any thoughts on why this might be happening?

--
Bob Covill

Tekmap Consulting
P.O. Box 2016 Fall River, N.S.