[GRASS5] v.in.arc: import files

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 17 12:07:57 EDT 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Is it possible to modify it that v.in.arc reads the file from the
> current directory instead of $LOCATION/arc/ ?

Markus,

  Seems to me that a number of file location issues have surfaced recently
because there is little consistency, apparently, among modules. I would like
to suggest a change to be incorporated into 5.1.

  The default location for all foreign-format source files (perhaps, for all
files) will be the current working directory. This needs to be thought
through and made consistent for the entire system. Also, such a change needs
to be presented early in the documentation so new users understand the
default behavior.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)