[GRASS5] Re: Current GDAL problem

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Apr 17 11:59:05 EDT 2001

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 11:15:49AM -0400, mberglund wrote:
> Ok, your "dumb butt alarms" should be going off (about me)...
> > A few questions:
> > - did GDAL compile properly?
> yes...
> > - did you run make install on it finally (yes, why not)
> yes...
> > - did you copy the libgdal... to $GISBASE/lib
> HAHAHAH!! Don't I wish.....
>
> It works now.
Hoorray! I have added such notes to
documents/release_rules.txt

to avoid future confusion.

> But, wouldn't it be useful to have configure check and see if gdal is
> installed and use it where it sits? This seems more intuitive to me, not
> that you guys don't have enough to do.
Yes, probably Frank Warmerdam (excuse me, Frank) has a autoconf snipplet
to check this.

Otherwise: After running "make install" on gdal, a "ldconfig" should have
helped as well to get it working. However, for a binary installation we
want to have it in GISBASE/lib/.

> Lastly,
> nviz still does not work. Not in a boat, not with a goat.
>
> I have no doubt it is something I am doing wrong.
What about

nviz2.2 -q
?

Cheers