[GRASS5] Re: Current GDAL problem

mberglund mberglund at rcinfo.net
Tue Apr 17 09:48:01 EDT 2001

I'm walking through glass on this one guys...

I have tried for the better part of 24hours to get GDAL to compile _and_
work with grass.

Not only do I need it for work, but I can't see how you can trust my
binaries if r.in.gdal fails routinely.

This is the latest cvs version of GDAL (1.1.5) and grass release candidate
5_0_0.

I get a consistent "ERROR: Unable to initialize GDAL bridge (check
libgdal installation)." from grass AND the bridge_test in GDAL fails
with a similar message. I was able to get a real result only once, (after
at least one hundred failures).

The system is suse 7.1, I have not installed anything exotic so I can't
see how the system might be affecting this issue.

If anyone has any idea on what I can check to deal with this, I would
welcome it.

Thanks,
Matt Berglund

P.S. If it is something stupid, please remember I am not the sharpest tool
in the shed.