[GRASS5] Linux binary builder wanted!

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Apr 12 19:45:09 EDT 2001

Hi Matt,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 01:59:24PM -0400, mberglund wrote:

> > > It's not that difficult. He/she needs a common machine
> > > fulfilling the REQUIREMENTS to compile GRASS.
>
> I would certainly be willing (hell, I might even try to
> build some rpms). But I am still having problems with nviz
> (seg faults) on an almost clean suse install (7.1).
> Every thing else seems to work (for some value of work).

thanks for your offer! So let's start (perhaps we communicate
personally later).

Do you have the new release_branch downloaded? To switch
your cvs code to the new release branch, simply enter:

 cvs update -r releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0

This will only transfer changes (as usual). Later on, you can
always update with

 cvs up -dP

as in past.

> If you guys need access to the box, that may be a problem,
> as we are only on a lowly DSL connection.

Please make a fresh compile

 rm config.cache
 rm /usr/local/grass5/lib/libstdc*   # we don't need it, see below
 make distclean
 configure
 make
 make install

and tell us, if the NVIZ problem is still there.

Concerning the libstdc: Please compile "gdal" also from GDAL-cvs,
then you don't need the /usr/local/grass5/lib/libstdc++ (which *may*
cause problems).

I would be glad if we could publish your binary package soon to
involve binary testers, too (any volunteers for this?).

Let me know if you need any assistance,

 Markus