[GRASS5] solution for vt100 problem on Mac OS X

andy agena andya at mac.com
Thu Apr 12 07:34:38 EDT 2001

Hi list:

[this is my third attempt to post this solution to the GRASSLIST, as
there's something wrong with @baylor.edu--if someone on GRASS5 could
forward this to the GRASSLIST, I'd appreciate it.  I wrote to Art and
George directly with the solution]

If a Mac OS X (pb and 1.0) user tries to fire up GRASS, the following
error occurs:

	Error opening terminal: vt100

The solution (kudos to strobe) is to cd to the directory where your
spearfish directory is (i.e. if its found in /opt/spearfish, cd /opt)
and enter the following:

	grass5 spearfish/PERMANENT

Voila!

Take care,