[GRASS5] Cygwin build for 110401

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Apr 12 09:05:10 EDT 2001

John,

Andreas, Malcolm,

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 05:12:38AM -0600, John Huddleston wrote:
> Markus,
>
> cd incoming
> unzip nviz-20010411
> zip grass5-20010411.zip usr/local/grasss5/etc/nviz2.2/
> zip grass5-20010411.zip usr/local/grasss5/etc/nviz2.2/*
> zip grass5-20010411.zip usr/local/grasss5/etc/nviz2.2/*/*
> rm nviz-20010411.zip
>
> If you do not have zip and unzip available to you then
> please remove both zip files and I will upload the binary
> again.
>
> John Huddleston

o.k, I have added it successfully. However, two questions are still
there:

 - for whom is this new package intended
 - why .zip if we have .tar.gz/grass5install.sh

Especially considering:
> > > Of course, under cygwin nvwish does not exist.  So, is the final
> > > executable supposed to be NVWISH2.2?   Whatever, in the
> > > nviz-20010411.zip container, it is there three times.
> > >
> > > Let me know what configuration you want.

Obviously this zip is not intended to the general user?

Sorry to insist,

 Markus

PS: I have to take little care that the Server volume keep in it's
    size limits.

Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology
Schneiderberg 50 * D-30167 Hannover * Germany
Tel: ++49-(0)511-762-4494  Fax: -3984